WORKSHOPS AND COURSES
Experience the Diversity of Austria
In addition to this expert postgraduate education, weekly workshops and courses are offered which have special reference to Vienna and Austria:
- "Austrian and Viennese Health Care System"
Univ. Prof. Dr. Manfred Maier is head of the department of General Practice, Center for Public Health at the Medical University of Vienna
This workshop consists of three parts:
- Two or three participants from different countries give a short presentation
- A brainstorming-session follows focussing on key parameters of an "ideal
health care system" as seen by different actors in health care
- The principles, structure and the problems of the Austrian Health Care
System will be presented.
- "Biomedical Fundamental Research: The research landscape in Vienna"
The Austrian Academy of Sciences organized a seminar series consisting of 10 seminars focusing on basic biomedical research. Different topics are discussed by various speakers. In in the period of one year the workshop gives an excellent overview of important research results in the life sciences cluster in the Vienna region.
- "History of the Vienna School of Medicine"
Guided Tour at the Josephinum (Museum of the Medical University of Vienna)
- Waste Management
Ing. Nentwich is the head of the section "environment protection" at the Vienna Hospital Association (KAV) and responsible for the whole area of waste management. He will give a lecture about waste-management and environmental-management in hospitals which will be followed by a field trip to see the practice at location.
- Guided Tour trough the University Hospital Vienna (AKH)